i heart september

Sunday, September 24, 2006
And so another weekend passes by. Damn, they just go by to fast if you ask me. In twelve hours time I'll be back at work and a slave to the 9 and 5. Or actually, the 7 and 3:45. Not quite as musical. Although this week starts the new half-day promotion. By working an extra 30 minutes a day we get to have a half-day every other week. It's not exactly thrilling, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get. I certainly don't mind only having to work four hours every other Friday. That's cool with me. Bring it on, I say. Bring. It. On.

But, until tomorrow, this is still considered the weekend and I'm totally excited because two of my favorite shows are back with new brand new episodes. God, I love September. We are finally out of rerun hell. I'm so excited I could almost do a dance.

I'm a big fan of the television for those of you who haven't been able to guess. And I make no apology for it.

Tonight both Cold Case and Without A Trace are back with a vengeance. It's also a new night for Without A Trace and it's kind fucking up my routine. But I figure routines need to be fucked up every now and again or otherwise you get stuck in a rut. And I certainly wouldn't want that to happen. But digress. New night or not, I'm a happy girl.

As for everything else...I saw Thank You For Smoking and American Splendor this weekend. I am NOT a movie review kind of gal, so I'm not even going to get into it except to say the first was awesome and the latter...erm...not so much. It was alright but nothing I would really recommend. I do however recommend Thank You For Smoking. I quite enjoyed it.

As for now...I'm writing this while baking brownies. Yes, I'm baking. I like baking and quite frankly I'm pretty good at it. But this isn't baking for personal pleasure. We are celebrating my bosses birthday this week and it would be an understatement to say that she loves celebrating her birthday. She has not been shy in admitting she want a big ol' huppla. So we are accomdating. Monday starts with my brownies. Everybody else in the unit has a day to bring in some kind of goody. And then I believe on Thursday it ends with us taking her out to lunch.

*shrugs*

I'll all relative to me. I just go with it. You have to participate in office politics otherwise you'll be damned and ostracized. And I certainly don't need that. Plus, I have to admit, it's kinda fun. Things like this certainly help to pass the time on the dreaded 9 to 5 (aka: 7-3:45).

And I'm certainly not one to pass up a brownie or a slice of cake...or two. My waist line is proof of that.
simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers

posted by jennifer at 7:27 PM | Permalink |


[ Home ]

Comments for i heart september

Linkage

Acknowledgements

The image used in the header of this page is the work of the extremely talented Josh Howard. See more of Josh's art here.