always on the day you return to work, instead of the day off

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
I had a lot to do at work today having just come off a four day weekend. Find my new desk and unpack all my shit. Sort through an enormously high amount of accumulated voice mail and email. Oh, good lord was there a lot of email to get through. Not to mention the snail mail. Two extra days worth. Oh the joy.

But it was okay. I was ready to go. Four days of doing nothing but eating to my gluttonous extent proved worthy to its relaxing reputation. I can go back to work, I thought. I'm rejuvenate and ready to go.

But I was wrong. My car had other plans for me. She thought breaking down would be a fun thing to do. She thought it might bring a smile my face, a chuckle to my morning glory. Oh, that prankster. A riot full of laughs.

The bitch. Cars are evil and I told her so.







<--- The devil herself









A MUCH too expensive cab ride later I show up to work only a half our late. Two hours later the car is being towed to the Service Center for its check-up and I anxiously await a word we all know as "expense." Not surprisingly, there is no news until nearly 5pm, and then there is all the news I can handle. Blah blah blah...something about a battery and corrosion and not correctly fitting...blah blah blah...$115.00 for parts, service and labor. $115.00! I don't know whether laugh or cry. It could have been A LOT worse...but then it didn't have to happen at all.

As of now the car is back in parking spot #56 and I can still afford to eat. So you be the judge.
simply do not ask me what this is all about, parce que je ne sais pas, mes chers

posted by jennifer at 8:51 PM | Permalink |


[ Home ]

Comments for always on the day you return to work, instead of the day off
Years ago, I worked for a comapny that re-stocked vending machines. This led me to travel in my van to the Isle of Sheppey (ask Mike, it's just above kent) In Sheerness docks, the first ever shipment of Chrysler neons came into dock while I was there. Apparently the ship (which hold over 6,000 cars) was only two-thirds full. When asked for a reason, the chief loader simply said "The other 2000 wouldn't start..."

true story..

haha...that is totally believable. I've been lucky though, other then this little issue.

*knock on wood* ... let's not jinx it now, eh?

Linkage

Acknowledgements

The image used in the header of this page is the work of the extremely talented Josh Howard. See more of Josh's art here.